Red Bull Racing driver Daniel Ricciardo has said that his team remains a long way off from challenging pace setters Mercedes this season, at least for the early parts of the new Formula One season amid suggestions that there are problems with the drivability of the new Renault engines of the car.
The Australian was the only one who managed to challenge the Mercedes duo of Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton as they ran away with the Formula One Constructors' Championship last season but he feels a repeat is bleak and he doesn't feel that the car will be ready for the time being as well.
73 years was his last when Gerard breathed his last. He had produced victorious cars for Ayrton Senna and Jackie Stewart.
His career began with Matra in the 1960s which was the junior categories. The car in which Stewart won the F1 World Championship in 1969 was also designed by him. It was an MS80 which he had designed. Matra was succeeded the following decade at Le Mans. Marque had 24 hours wins straight over the period of 1972- 74.
The Formula 1 season will now only have 20 races as the Korean Grand Prix have been dropped from its calendar. Although it surprised everyone when it was added to the schedule last month, this Tuesday, the FIA have informed that it has been removed from the final calendar.
A spokesman from the race said that Korea was only added because of the requests of Bernie Ecclestone a commercial rights holder but then was removed when they were no more viable. The revised schedule has come up on the official website of FIA and the decision was not at all a surprise.
Max Verstappen would love to have Jean-Eric Vergne continue with Toro Rosso next season and be his teammate.
The son of former world champion Jos, Verstappen will make history when he becomes the youngest driver behind the wheel of a Formula One car when he starts for Toro Rosso next season but the identity of his teammate at the Italian side has not yet been confirmed.
Daniil Kyvat was set to be retained by the team for the new season until Sebastian Vettel announced his decision to quit Red Bull Racing which saw the young Russian promoted to the Austrian side.
The biggest question that has been raging in the Formula One world for some months now is what Fernando Alonso plans to do next.
Carlos Sainz Jr., a rookie driver and a Spaniard summed up the mood of the paddock when he told a Spanish publication that he had no idea.
Former world champion Fernando Alonso is leaving Ferrari confirmed outgoing team chief Luca de Montezemolo simply because he cannot wait any longer to secure another world championship.
The former Renault driver had long been rumored to be leaving the Italian giants at the end of the current season, two years before his contract with the team expires and it was recently confirmed that he will indeed be leaving the team with reports suggesting Red Bull Racing driver and four time world champion Sebastian Vettel will replace him behind the wheels.
The Suzuka circuit is considered one of the most difficult tracks in Formula One and this was proved right once again by the severe injuries suffered by Marussia driver Jules Bianchi during an unfortunate crash. These incidents are not unnatural to the drivers associated to the sport as proved by Felipe Massa and Robert Kubica not too long ago. Motor racing has always been a sport that involves a lot of danger due to the high speed and machines that the drivers have to deal with. Although it has become much safer in the last few years but the risk of life remains.
Rubens Barrichello is a legendary driver from Brazil who has spent a number of years in Formula One. His association with the sport dates back to 1993 and he retired a few years ago in 2011. He has been involved with few of the most popular teams in racing including Jordan, Stewart, Ferrari, Honda, Brawn GP and Williams. After his retirement he was involved with Indy-car and Stock Car racing.
Williams F1 driver Felipe Massa believes the team could finish second in the Formula One Constructors’ Championship.
A heavyweight meeting was set up between Ecclestone, FIA president Jean Todt and Luca Di Montezelomo completed discussion for both Ferrari’s president appealing for the return of the sport which f1 was used to be before and f1’s profitable supremo.
As per Montezemolo, making his first appearance in an F1 enclosure of the year, F1 has become too difficult and the responsibility on drivers to set aside engines and tyres is not what is expected from formula one.